Hydrographic Survey Management Guidelines
This document details the requirements for the completion of a hydrographic survey. Along with the February 2021 CHS Standards for Hydrographic Surveys, it supersedes the previous edition of the CHS Hydrographic Survey Management Guidelines (November 2019).
These guidelines are not meant to replace the February 2021 CHS Standards for Hydrographic Surveys nor the existing CHS QMS Hydrographic Survey Procedures but are to be used to assist in the completion of the various tasks required to undertake a hydrographic survey. Here's a description of the 3 levels of documents pertaining to hydrographic surveys.
- 2021 CHS Standards for Hydrographic Surveys
National document describing the various precisions required for the various features collected by the Canadian Hydrographic Service or his delegate.
- 2021 CHS Hydrographic Survey Management Guidelines
National document describing the methodology to be used to meet the various standards described in the CHS Standards for Hydrographic Surveys.
- CHS QMS Hydrographic Survey Procedures (per CHS quality management system based on ISO 9001)
Series of regional detailed procedures and forms taking into account the distinctive environment of each region (work flow, vessels, systems, processes, etc.). These procedures refer to the 2 previous documents.
The following documents were used as references when preparing these guidelines:
- International Hydrographic Organization (IHO) Reprint No. 19 - Guidelines for the Preparation of Specifications for Hydrographic Surveys
- New Zealand's Standards for Hydrographic Surveys (HYSPEC) v3-2001
- National Ocean Service (NOS) Hydrographic Surveys-Specifications and Deliverables-2003
- Engineering and Design – Hydrographic Surveying 2002 by USA Corps of Engineers
- CUBE Bathymetric data Processing and Analysis (CHS February 2012)
- Date modified: