CHS offers a wide range of nautical publications that are indispensable companions to charts, enhancing safety at sea.
The CHS distributes its nautical charts and publications to over 500 dealers across Canada and around the world. You can use this site to find the publication that you need and the dealer nearest you.
- Atlas of Tidal Currents
- Providing the hourly velocity and direction of tidal currents.
- Canadian Tidal Manual
- Theoretical background and the technical instruction involved in gathering and using tide, current, and water level information on hydrographic field surveys.
- Canadian Tide and Current Tables
- Providing the predicted tides in Canadian waters for one year.
- Chart 1 Symbols, Abbreviations and Terms Used on Charts
- Providing explanations of the symbols, abbreviations and terms used in CHS nautical charts.
- Chart Catalogues
- Including four catalogues describing all available CHS charts.
- Sailing Directions
- Offering detailed descriptions of the best approaches to harbours, harbour facilities, anchorages, local history, regulations and more.
Other Nautical Publications
- Canada Aids to Navigation System
- Providing descriptions and locations of external aids to navigation – lights, buoys, lightstations, fog signals, and more – to help mariners navigate safely.
- Ice Navigation in Canadian Waters
- Providing critical information for ice navigation.
- List of Lights, Buoys and Fog Signals
- Providing key information on aids to navigation.
- Notices to Mariners Monthly Edition
- Providing essential monthly updates to charts and publications, including newly discovered hazards to navigation.
- Notices to Mariners Annual Edition
- Providing a breadth of important information for marine navigation in Canada.
- Radio Aids to Marine Navigation
- Providing information on the radio communications and radio aids to navigation services provided by the Canadian Coast Guard.
- Date modified: